Sunday, August 12, 2007

Challenge #8 - Girl Talk (Gail's Layout)

When I first read this challenge I thought it was going to be harder than it turned out to be. I had no clue what to do. I have a great online friend and we have our girl talk almost every morning so I thought about centering my page around that relationship. Problem was...I had no photos to go with it. Not really a problem...just a stumbling block...because I could always do a page with just journaling, but I had just completed that type of page and really didn't want to journal that much right now.

I finally remembered the box of photos I recently got from my mom that had just been scanned. I recalled seeing a photo of me when I was about 3 years old and my favorite aunt, who was about 17 at the time, having a tea party. It couldn't be more appropriate for this challenge. Aunt Mary has always been my favorite aunt and we've always been close. We started with tea parties and we still continue our girl talk over coffee to this day. That's the story behind my layout below.


CREDITS:
Background papers: TracyAnn; Meredith Fenwick; Gina Miller
Ribbon: Natalie Braxton

Now I'm off to stalk the sponsor websites in hopes that Challenge #9 is posted early!
Thanks for looking!
Later,
Gail


1 comment:

Diane said...

Hey guys! You know I've been swamped at work so I'm WAY behind on comments but I HAVE been keeping up with you and looking at all your layouts. I just love them all. I can't believe you can keep coming up with stuff time after time.

When I look at the rules I try to think of what I would have done for that challenge and while I probably could have come up with something eventually, I really don't think I could have done it as quickly as you two have been. I'm so impressed and really, really proud of both of you!! You've put your all into these pages and it shows.

Keep 'em coming!