Monday, July 16, 2007

Challenge 1 - Laura

Okay, my first thought was to do something with dinosaurs. I haven't gone to a museum in years. Probably back when I was in grade school so I had no photos. Off to the world wide web I searched. I first looked for dinosaurs. Then trains since my son is getting into trains a lot more lately. While searching for those two things I came across the slippers that Judy Garland wore in the movie, "Wizard of Oz." A light came on in my head. Wait, I was Dorothy one year for Halloween. Now, what year was that? I had to go searching. Luckily, all my photos before the kids were born are actually paper scrapped so it wasn't that hard to find the photo. Once I found the year it was taken, I was able to go to the box for the negatives. Unfortunately, back in the year 2000 I was not digital and I only had negatives so I had to scan my photo to make this page for the challenge. The word amazing I used in my journaling about the facts of the shoes and the shoes at the bottom of the page were taken from the National Air and Space Museum website.

Looking forward to challenge 2.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Laura
Great blog! Nice to see you in the challenge too! I love your first page-LYSL at NDSIB!

Diane said...

This is a TERRIFIC page!! I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan so I really enjoyed reading your trivia bits. Great entry into the first challenge!!